Right after prematurely sharing which substitute sections it would be promoting a few days ago, iFixit has formally listed replacement sections for the Steam Deck and the Valve Index.
Unfortunately, in accordance to the web page, most of the substitute components listed are at this time “out of inventory,” such as display replacements and thumbsticks. However, some areas, these kinds of as the bumper and result in buttons, are however readily available to buy.
Steam Deck Teardown
Though people wanting to swap the battery, iFixit now does not have a listing for it, though CEO Kyle Wiens explained to The Verge that it is “doing the job on a option” to replace your Steam Deck’s battery. All through iFixit’s official teardown of the Steam Deck in February, the enterprise observed that changing the battery was tricky.
Below is a comprehensive list of the pieces that iFixit is selling for the Steam Deck and how substantially every single component fees:
- Steam Deck Fan / Portion Only – $24.99
- Steam Deck Admirer / Repair Package – $29.99
- Steam Deck (512GB) Monitor / Element Only – $94.99
- Steam Deck (512GB) Monitor / Deal with Kit – $99.99
- Steam Deck (64GB or 256GB) Display screen / Portion Only – $64.99
- Steam Deck (64GB or 256GB) Display screen / Deal with Kit – $69.99
- Steam Deck Right Thumbstick / Aspect Kit – $19.99
- Steam Deck Proper Thumbstick / Repair Kit – $24.99
- Steam Deck Left Thumbstick / Portion Only – $19.99
- Steam Deck Still left Thumbstick / Repair Kit – $24.99
- Steam Deck Action Button Rubber Membrane – $4.99
- Steam Deck D-Pad Rubber Membrane – $4.99
- Steam Deck Steam Button Rubber Membrane – $4.99
- Steam Deck Speakers – $24.99
- Steam Deck Remaining Bring about Button Assembly – $7.99
- Steam Deck Appropriate Set off Button Assembly – $7.99
- Steam Deck Remaining Bumper Button Assembly – $6.99
- Steam Deck Appropriate Bumper Button Assembly – $6.99
- Steam Deck Back Plate – $24.99
- Steam Deck Front Plate -$24.99
- Steam Deck Motherboard – $349.99
- Steam Deck Suitable Daughter Board – $29.99
- Steam Deck Left Daughter Board – $29.99
- Steam Deck Battery Adhesive – $4.99
- Steam Deck Display Adhesive – $4.99
- Steam Deck AC Adapter (US) – $24.99
- Steam Deck AC Adapter (EU) – $24.99
- Steam Deck AC Adapter (Uk) – $24.99
Look at out Valve’s formal teardown for more data on the areas that energy the Steam Deck. If you are curious about our thoughts on the Steam Deck, be sure to check out out our critique and our short article, where by we position out all the fantastic and lousy factors we’ve identified in Valve’s transportable gaming Computer.
Taylor is the Affiliate Tech Editor at IGN. You can observe her on Twitter @TayNixster.